||CMT’s 8th Biomass Pellets Trade & Power will be held in Tokyo, 15-18 May 2017, which had successfully gathered industry players, trading houses and professionals in the Japanese and Korean markets in 2016. The 2016 presentations gave valuable insights on the supply and demand, future demand and sustainability of the Biomass industry.
Looking ahead at the biomass industry, the Japan market – encouraged by its feed-in-tariff system – is set to grow substantially till end of decade. The country is expanding supplies of fuel for biomass power plants to meet an expected surge in demand from facilities starting up in 2017 and 2018. Together with pressure on Korea to meet its government issued targets, the growth for North Asia’s biomass pellet trade and power generation is poised to accelerate.
• Biomass power market development & growth in Japan – Regulatory push, co-firing coal with biomass & dedicated usage
• Japan’s demand for wood pellets, palm kernel shells (PKS) & other biomass & imports requirement
• Rise of Greater China biomass power and demand markets (China & Taiwan)
• Updates on the South Korean demand situation
• Investment opportunities for “Forestry to Pellet” projects in Asia
• Wood pellets & PKS market dynamics & supply outlook
• Commercial/Large-scale usage of black pellets
Mark your calendars for the 8th Biomass Pellets Trade & Power 2017 on 15-18 May in Tokyo for the latest information and industry trends.
For details, please contact Ms Hafizah Hafizah@cmtsp.com.sg or call +65 6346 9218
or visit the event website below.